Sunday 21 December 2014

Can't put down that hook!
I did add to the border on the Lucy blanket. I had started it the way the ripple blanket was done, this one ended with a different type of border. Instead of ripping out what I had already done I just changed mine half way.
And I started a new lap blanket. I debated whether to use the pattern for the green scarf for the blanket, or try a "plaid" pattern. I actually did small swatches this time to see how the yarn and colours would look. Lesson: do not try to rip out the very hairy variegated blue (acrylic, mohair, wool and polyester) it does not like to be ripped out AT ALL.
So I decided to try a plaid and use the hairy yarn just for the filler.
 The add-in yarn will be chained and threaded through the mesh holes left for it. The next photo was taken against the window so the spaces can be seen more clearly.
I have not tried this style before so it will be interesting to see how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment