Wednesday 23 September 2015

Did I forget to mention "spin"?
I dropped by our local library on Saturday to see spinners and weavers participating in Worldwide Spin in Public Day (annually on the  third Saturday of September). I had never heard of it before, but I was then inspired to drag my Ashford wheel up from the basement, dust it off (literally, it was very dusty!) and give it a try.  In case you are wondering, it turns out spinning is like riding a bike, once you know how you never really forget!
Most of my wool is New Zealand fleece, ordered and mailed directly to me from a sheep farm in the late 70s! I also have bits and bobs purchased at craft fairs and such. It is mostly still "in the grease" so after it is spun it needs washing.
and drying!

Then what to make with it? The colours really do remind me of the 70s, brown was very in then. Now, not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment